Divorce consultant Deborah Moskovitch discusses her high-conflict divorce and the lessons she learned in the following video from Family Matters:
According to USA Today, a 2001 American Religious Identification Survey found that divorce is three times more likely in interfaith marriage than from those marriages where each partner is from the same faith. Here are some other findings from the 2001 survey:
- 22% of U.S. homes had at least two people from two different faiths in the household;
- 28.4 million Americans are living in interfaith households;
For every Florida divorce case in which child custody issues are being decided, the judge must enter a parenting plan.
A parenting plan is a document that sets out parents’ rights and responsibilities towards their children. The parenting plan will explain each parent’s right to make major decisions concerning the children (such as education or medical decisions). The parenting plan will also flesh out each parent’s right to spend time with the children and detail which specific days the children will sleep overnight at each parent’s home.
Florida clerks of the court, like other government agencies, are facing severe budget cuts. Statewide, Clerks of the Court budgets are being slashed by $31 million. Locally, the Pasco clerk is facing a $825,000 million budge cut, while the Hillsborough clerk is trying to find a way to cope with a haircut in the order of $2 million.
As a result, you can expect a slowdown in the services provided by an already overwhelmed clerk, including the processing of divorce and other family law matters.
The Pasco clerk has published the following notice on its website:
If you have questions regarding Florida divorce and you wish to schedule a consultation with a Tampa Bay family law attorney, contact The Law Firm of Adam B. Cordover, P.A., at (813) 443-0615 or via our online consultation form.
- End-of-the-Year Divorce Mediation December 9, 2019
- Podcast: Collaborative Coach on Women Mean Really Business December 6, 2019
- Article: Collaborative Lawyer Discusses Holiday Custody Schedule November 26, 2019
- Cordover Speaks at Reimagining Advocacy Conference November 14, 2019
- Video: The Secret – Miracles of Collaborative Divorce November 6, 2019