Britney Penaherrera – Attorney Profile
Britney Penaherrera joined Family Diplomacy: A Collaborative Law Firm in 2022 as an associate. Britney focuses exclusively in out-of-court dispute resolution methods in divorce and family law matters, with an emphasis on Collaborative Practice and Mediation. She is dedicated to maintaining compassion for her clients and preserving the integrity of the family unit throughout the dissolution proceedings. She is passionate about doing divorce differently and believes that navigating someone through one of the most devastating events in their life is a privilege and that is reflected in the way she practices.
Britney is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Law Mediator and has attended Introductory, Intermediate, and Advanced Collaborative Divorce trainings and workshops. She graduated cum laude from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2017. Britney was awarded a Family Law certificate for her emphasis and specialization in family law studies. She also received book awards in her Child Support Enforcement Seminar, Collaborative Law and Adoption Law courses. Her law school summers included internships in Beijing, China at an orphanage dedicated to children with disabilities, and with the Children’s Rights advocacy group for foster children in New York City.
Britney served in the Virgil Hawkins Family Advocacy Clinic as an Advanced Certified Legal Intern, during her third year of law school, where she mentored other students and handled her own family law cases. During her second year of law school, Britney became impassioned with the Collaborative Divorce movement and has dedicated her life to resolving family related matters without the need for litigation.
Prior to moving to Florida for law school, Britney volunteered as a Guardian Ad Litem for the Young Center for Immigration Rights and worked as a project assistant at Berger-Schatz, a high-net worth divorce law firm.
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, Cum Laude, 2017
- B.A., University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana, Honors, 2012
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Law Mediator
- Introductory Interdisciplinary Collaborative Family Law Training, 2022
- 40-Hour Family Law Mediation Training, 2022
- Florida Academy of Collaborative Professionals Conference, 2022
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals Networking & Educational Forum, 2016