Video: Name Change

The following video from discusses name changes:

In Florida, name changes are governed by section 68.07 of the Florida Statutes.

A person can file for a change of name in the circuit court of the county where he or she resides.  Within the petition, which must be signed under oath, the person needs to make sure that he or she has provided all of the required information, including the following:

  • All addresses lived at since birth;
  • All places of employment for the past five years;
  • All money judgments entered against the person, if any; and
  • Whether the person has ever been adjudicated bankrupt.

A final hearing for a change of name can generally be scheduled within weeks of filing the petition.

If you have questions about changing your legal name in Florida, schedule a consultation with Family Diplomacy at (813) 443-0615 or fill out our contact form.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply