Video: Basic Allowance for Housing

The following video from the Defense Management Travel Office describes Basic Allowance for Housing, or B.A.H.:

Servicemembers should know that Florida courts take B.A.H. into consideration when determining issues of child support and alimony.  B.A.H. may even be taken into account for matters of spousal support unconnected with dissolution of marriage (such as when a military spouse is not being financially supported yet does not want to initiate a divorce).

If you have questions regarding military issues affecting your family and you wish to speak with a Florida family law attorney, you may schedule a consultation with The Law Firm of Adam B. Cordover, P.A., by calling us at (813) 443-0615 or filling out our contact form.


2 replies
  1. donah says:

    The government should give attention to the servicemember housing allowance. The allowance amount should be enough to support the needs of the soldier’s family to avoid marital issues. It’s good to know that there are law firms that can attend to this matter.

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply